Friday, February 05, 2016

emquartier bangkok

IMG_8582 IMG_8517 I know January and February are big travel months for people travelling to Bangkok, so I thought I'd tell you a bit about the new mall EmQuartier that is connected to the "old" Emporium Mall. (You know my other Bangkok faves: Terminal 21, Central World, Siam Paragon, Siam Center, Siam Discovery, Erawan, Gaysorn Plaza, Central Embassy and perhaps MKB makes the list for their iPhone accessories too...) EmQuartier is quite pretty and green from the outside, with water and lots of plants. It's actually quite cozy to sit at one of the restaurants or cafés in the little city oasis... Anyway, they have lots of stores of course - you can find anything from H&M and Chanel to indie Thai designers. I spent a long time in the Thai designer section and this is definitely where you can find pretty and quirky accessories and clothes to bring home as useful souvenirs. I also spent quite a long time in Rag & Bone, which I believe is the first and only one in Bangkok. The Dean & Deluca, of course, will also be a great favourite of mine although I didn't have time to visit it this time. The Gourmet Market is also recommended for tourists because it is gorgeous and grocery shopping really is an experience in there... EmQuartier is definitely a great place to spend an afternoon of shopping in the shadow and AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment